The luxury market is booming, and so is the yachting market and its derivatives, the so-called tender annexes, especially the pocket submarines, commonly known as “toys”.
If this market is blowing, it is limited by 3 factors:
- Unbridled competition on tenders, almost all boat builders and yachts are in this very competitive market. The differentiating factors are therefore crucial.
- A strong usage limit for toys: having a submersible creates difficulties such as launching, piloting – it takes special skills to use them.
- Finally, the space limit on a boat, as big as it is strong, it takes space for tender and toy, not to mention the means of lifting and storage duplicated with all that this generates in terms of costs, risks, maintenance …
To address this market, Platypus Craft is developing 2 crafts:
- A yachting version, the YACHT EDITION, of the Platypus with an astonishing level of finishing, capable of great performance with electric power and comfort on the water (the trimaran design gives an immense stability) combined with its semi-submersible capability for 6 people would make this craft the perfect toy of the rich, not to mention its “James Bond style”.
- A totally new version and, in fact, a totally new generation of vessel : the SWORDFISH. This state of the art ship will disrupt any kind of existing machine on or under the water: imagine a starship-like vessel flying over the water at 40 knots in an absolute comfort in a glass cockpit able to be transformed in 30 seconds into an underwater jet, the whole 6 passengers still in the giant dry bulb, enjoying the beauty of shallow waters in their air conditioned cocoon at 3m depth. This new queen of the shallow water was revealed in Monaco at the Energy Boat Chellenge in July 2022.